25 October 2007

love bundles ~ birthdays

so i have come to the realization that my blog will not allow me to make albums. because of that, all of my cards and photography will have to posted in this form... bummer... so here are a few of my birthday cards. oh yeah, to be completely honest, this is my third time trying to make this post happen tonight ~ so i will have to post the rest of my cards another day ~ maybe tomorrow?? enjoy...

sofia had a hula theme birthday party. the invitations have this textures paper i found that resembles bamboo ~ it really gave the card a lot of extra character. here it is with the matching thank you cards. a lot of times, i make several examples for myself ~ or my clients, and often i fall in love with at least two. what i usually do in that situation is ill make half of one style and half of the other style. so people dont always get matching cards. but its okay that way, thats the beauty of "handmade cards". in this example i just used different papers on the thank you cards.



i loved working on these, seriously ~ how could i not??? my favorite colors!! i made two examples from what my client had told me she had in mind, then the two of us came up with an invitation together and that is the one she used. dont forget the matching thank you card!!!


my little mans second birthday party ~ cowboy theme of course. i love the beads in used for the invitation. then i used a picture from the party to create the matching thank you card.


the inside of the invitation. the thank you message was written on the little tag that pulls out from behind the photo that i chose to print in sepia tone.



the next invitations were inspired by the one and only ~ captain jack sparrow!! so much fun.


i mixed a lot of different paints; reds, blacks, browns and of course gold!! i love how the beads are dangling from the dreadlocks just captain jack.

~hugs~






No comments: